We are proud to once again offer a line of instruments completed HERE at our shop
Starting in 1995 Rutman’s Violins started to a line of instruments from
Rutman’s Violins. These are European made instruments by professionally trained luthiers. All instruments are
re-worked from inside-out, varnished and set-up at Rutman’s Violins. Great for all genres. Geared pegs are optional and included in the price.
This is the third wave of production of these instruments.
Here the reason why.
For numbers of years we watched these instruments mature in their sound,
construction and comfort of play. Seeing results and hearing customer’s
reviews we decided re-open this line again. What makes these instruments important?
Couple of things:
1. Great reviews of those customers who own our shop instruments.
2. All instruments made completely of European spruce and maple. That means instruments have a lot of “ring” in the sound.
3. Stability in construction, hand applied oil varnish and our set-up.
4. Each instrument is approached on individual basis.
5. Less than half of the price of individual maker’s instruments with guaranteed quality.
6. Trade-in in the future for a higher professional level of violin.
As a brand new instrument, initially sounds with a lot of “ring” in it.
That is because it needs to be “played-in” for 6-12month.
After that sound becomes much mellower and matured, like the sound of old instruments.
Please, read some reviews of our shop made instruments.
As an option, we also offer with commissioning to make one:
“lefty” shop 4-string violin.
5-string Violin with lower “C”or 5-string Viola with lower “F”